The Emotional Impact of Aristotle’s Philosophy: 10 Quotes
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.”
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”
- “The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”
- “Art aims to represent not the outward appearance of things, but their inward significance.”
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.”
- “The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.”
- “It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.”
- “The more you know, the more you realize you don’t know.”
- “Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution.”
These quotes are attributed to Aristotle but may have been translated or paraphrased over time.
Aristotle, the renowned philosopher, captivated minds and hearts with his profound insights and intellectual depth. His ideas stirred emotions and sparked inspiration among those who encountered his work. Here’s a glimpse into the emotional journey his philosophy takes us on:
- Wonder and Admiration: Aristotle’s revolutionary ideas left his students in awe, as they marveled at his eloquence and passion.
- Intellectual Exhilaration: His brilliant mind and clear articulation of thoughts sparked excitement and intellectual fervor in his listeners.
- Profound Meaning: Aristotle’s metaphysics, emphasizing purpose and telos, awakened a sense of wonder and contemplation about existence and one’s place in the universe.
- Yearning for Growth: His ethical teachings on virtues and balanced living ignited a desire for personal growth and self-improvement.
- Longing for Happiness…